For busy families, it can be hard to find the time to enjoy life and all that Tacoma, WA has to offer. With Tidy Vibe’s eco-friendly cleaning services, you can save time on cleaning your own home and have more time for family activities. Here are 34 things your family can do in Tacoma when you no longer have to clean your own home!
- Visit the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium: The Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is one of the most popular family-friendly attractions in Tacoma. It is home to over 9,000 animals and features several exhibits like the Arctic Tundra, Rocky Shores, and Pacific Seas Aquarium.
- Explore the Museum of Glass: The Museum of Glass is a unique museum that showcases glass art, featuring over 5,000 pieces from different artists around the world. Visitors can watch live glass-blowing demonstrations and participate in interactive exhibits.
- Walk along Ruston Way Waterfront: The Ruston Way Waterfront is a beautiful walkway that offers stunning views of the Puget Sound. It is a popular spot for joggers, walkers, and cyclists. There are also several restaurants and cafes along the way.
- Visit the Tacoma Art Museum: The Tacoma Art Museum features a collection of American art from the 19th century to the present. It also offers various exhibitions, programs, and events for all ages.
- Explore the LeMay – America’s Car Museum: The LeMay – America’s Car Museum is a must-visit for car enthusiasts. It features over 350 vintage and modern cars, trucks, and motorcycles from different eras.
- Take a tour of the W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory: The W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory is a Victorian-style greenhouse that features a wide variety of exotic plants from around the world. Visitors can take a guided tour to learn about the different species of plants and their unique characteristics.
- Watch a movie at the historic Grand Cinema: The Grand Cinema is an independent movie theater that showcases a variety of films, including independent and foreign movies. It is a popular spot for movie buffs and families alike.
- Visit the Fort Nisqually Living History Museum: The Fort Nisqually Living History Museum is a restored 19th-century fur trading post. Visitors can learn about the history of the fort, participate in interactive exhibits, and watch live demonstrations.
- Explore the Foss Waterway Seaport: The Foss Waterway Seaport is a maritime museum that showcases the history of Tacoma’s waterfront. It features several exhibits, artifacts, and interactive displays that highlight the city’s maritime heritage.
- Go hiking in Point Defiance Park: Point Defiance Park is a 700-acre park that offers several hiking trails for all skill levels. The park also features several picnic areas, a beach, and a rose garden.
- Visit the Washington State History Museum: The Washington State History Museum features exhibits that highlight the history of Washington state, including its Native American heritage, early settlements, and modern-day culture.
- Take a boat tour of the Tacoma Narrows: The Tacoma Narrows is a narrow waterway that connects Puget Sound to the south Puget Sound. Visitors can take a boat tour to explore the scenic waterway and learn about its history.
- Visit the Children’s Museum of Tacoma: The Children’s Museum of Tacoma offers hands-on exhibits and activities for children of all ages. It features several interactive exhibits that encourage creativity, imagination, and learning.
- Go on a food tour of Tacoma: Tacoma is known for its diverse culinary scene. Visitors can take a food tour to sample local cuisine and learn about the city’s food history.
- Visit the Chihuly Bridge of Glass: The Chihuly Bridge of Glass is a stunning pedestrian bridge that features several glass art installations by renowned artist Dale Chihuly. Visitors can walk across the bridge and take in the beautiful art pieces.
- Play at the STAR Center: The STAR Center is a community center that offers a variety of activities for families, including a gym, indoor pool, playground, and fitness classes.
- Visit the Job Carr Cabin Museum: The Job Carr Cabin Museum is a historic cabin that offers a glimpse into life in Tacoma in the mid-19th century. Visitors can take a guided tour and learn about the history of the cabin and the surrounding area.
- Go to the Farmers Market: Tacoma has several farmers markets throughout the city that offer fresh produce, handmade goods, and live entertainment.
- Explore the Chinese Reconciliation Park: The Chinese Reconciliation Park is a park that honors the history and contributions of Chinese immigrants to Tacoma. It features several art installations and a pagoda overlooking the water.
- Go on a brewery tour: Tacoma has several local breweries that offer tours and tastings, including Narrows Brewing, Wingman Brewers, and Pacific Brewing & Malting Co.
- Visit the Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden: The Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden is a 22-acre garden that features over 700 species of rhododendrons, as well as other plants and trees from around the world.
- Go to the Tacoma Dome: The Tacoma Dome is a multipurpose arena that hosts concerts, sporting events, and other entertainment. Check the schedule for upcoming events.
- Explore the Tacoma Musical Playhouse: The Tacoma Musical Playhouse is a community theater that puts on a variety of musicals and plays throughout the year.
- Take a day trip to nearby attractions: Tacoma is within driving distance of several other attractions, including Mt. Rainier National Park, Olympic National Park, and Seattle. Plan a day trip to explore these nearby destinations.
- Visit the Museum of History & Industry (MOHAI): Located on the shores of Lake Union, MOHAI is dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of Seattle and the Puget Sound region. Visitors can explore exhibits, artifacts, and interactive displays that highlight the people, industries, and events that have shaped the area.
- Take a ferry ride: The Washington State Ferry System offers several ferry routes throughout the Puget Sound, including from Tacoma to nearby destinations like Vashon Island, Bainbridge Island, and Seattle. Enjoy scenic views and explore new places.
- Attend a Tacoma Rainiers baseball game: The Tacoma Rainiers are the local minor league baseball team, and their games are a fun and affordable way to enjoy America’s favorite pastime.
- Go to the Pantages Theater: The Pantages Theater is a historic theater that hosts a variety of shows, including musicals, plays, and concerts.
- Visit the Tacoma Dome Station: The Tacoma Dome Station is a transit hub that offers connections to Sounder trains, Amtrak, and several bus routes. Take a train to Seattle or other nearby destinations.
- Explore the Port of Tacoma: The Port of Tacoma is one of the busiest ports on the West Coast, and visitors can take a tour to see the ships and learn about the operations of the port.
- Take a scenic drive: Tacoma is surrounded by scenic roads and highways, including the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and the Olympic Peninsula Loop. Take a drive and enjoy the views.
- Go to a Tacoma Symphony Orchestra concert: The Tacoma Symphony Orchestra performs several concerts throughout the year, featuring classical music and guest artists.
- Visit the Tacoma Public Library: The Tacoma Public Library offers a variety of resources and programs for families, including storytimes, book clubs, and workshops.
- Go on a walking tour: Tacoma has several walking tours that explore different areas of the city,
With Tidy Vibe’s eco-friendly cleaning services, your family will now have more free time so you can make the most out of living in beautiful Tacoma, WA with these 25 fun activities recommended here today! From exploring wildlife parks museums galleries rustic farms fishing spots farmers markets attractions entertainment venues etcetera there are endless possibilities what could do take advantage extra free time brought us thanks our eco friendly cleaning services Tidy Vibe ! Trust us when say will never run out things discover do living here city bustling activity every corner turn so why not get started today start enjoying best kept secrets towering mountains deep blue oceans offer? We hope had fun reading list give us call if ever need help getting cleaner healthier home we here help ! Thank you choosing us clean up mess let rest life worry free ! Happy exploring !
Leave A Comment